Arts in Schools Impact Grants
LexArts has launched a new initiative to subsidize the cost of engaging arts organizations and bringing more arts programming to Fayette County Public Schools.
LexArts envisions a healthy and vibrant community where all students are engaged and empowered through excellent arts education. Arts education is vital to developing America’s next generation of creative and innovative thinkers. LexArts Arts in Schools Impact Grants-funded programs demonstrate LexArts’ commitment to supporting students, teachers, and learning throughout our community. This funding is focused on providing arts education for all students and closing the opportunity gap for students for whom a high-quality arts education is so often out of reach.
In 2022, LexArts launched a fundraising initiative coinciding with Horse Play, the popular spinoff of Horse Mania. Initially, the painted and adorned foals and horses of Horse Play were to be auctioned at the end of the months-long public art project to support arts education. However, the students and teachers made an earnest appeal to return all the foals and horses back to their original schools. To replace the auction proceeds, a grassroots Fund for the Foals. Those proceeds are now earmarked for Arts in Schools Impact Grant funding that will deepen the arts learning experience for students in all Fayette County Public Schools.
• Arts in Schools Impact Grants target public and private schools with low-level funding for the arts.
• Approved programming will supply funding for all pre-K-12 students, teachers, and administrators.
• Art project requests may be in any artistic discipline.
• Applicants may request a cost-share grant of up to 50% of the chosen arts organization’s program invoice.
• Arts project requests will engage local arts organizations provided by the Arts Everywhere for Students – A Teachers Guide.
DATE & DEALINES